By the end of this training course you will:
- Have a sound understand of the workings of Nigeria’s administrative and legal framework;
- Have an understanding of the macroeconomic considerations for businesses in Nigeria;
- Have an understanding and recognize the urgent need for corporate governance and CSR; and
- Improve their understanding, skills and competencies within the realm of leadership.
Who should attend?
The workshop would, therefore, be of benefit to:
Corporate Entities and Companies, Businessmen and women, Entrepreneurs, Banks and Financial Institutions, Accounting Firms, Consulting Firms, Chambers of Commerce and Business Associations, Professional Bodies, Regulators, Legal Practitioners and Lawyers in banks and financial institutions, Government Ministries, Agencies and Parastatals, Law Enforcement Agencies, the Media and all other interested persons.
The need for professionals with sound education on practical, sustainable business practices is even more so given the interconnectivity of firms, markets, and economies in a globalized world. In such an interconnected world the actions and impact of economic actors in one jurisdiction has far reaching impact in implications in another.
The Post 2015 development agenda further stated, “Sustainable development cannot be realized without peace and security; and peace and security will be at risk without sustainable development.
The new Agenda recognizes the need to build peaceful, just and inclusive societies that provide equal access to justice and that are based on respect for human rights (including the right to development), on effective rule of law and good governance at all levels and on transparent, effective and accountable institutions. Factors which give rise to violence, insecurity and injustice, such as inequality, corruption, poor governance and illicit financial and arms flows, are addressed in the Agenda”.
The workshop is conceptualised and designed against the foregone background that is, an interconnected world with a global development agenda. The workshop would clearly indicate that actions in the areas of law and business undertaken within Nigeria must be in conformity with international laws. This international rules based approach is essential for the promotion of sustainable development.
Where Law intersects with Business and Economics, the most important capital is Intellectual.
With a team of highly experienced facilitators the workshop will deliver cutting edge thinking within the relative disciplines. There will be a strong focus on know-how focusing on the practical experiences of the global facilitators.
- Legal and Regulatory Framework for Businesses in Nigeria
This session will provide an overview of the relevant laws, regulatory and other key entities with respect to conducting business in Nigeria.
- Macroeconomic Considerations for Businesses in Nigeria
This session will provide a high level overview of the key factors to consider when doing business in Nigeria.
- Change Management: In Today’s Organizations
This session will examine globalization and its impact on organizational change, there will be examination of the forces (internal and external) of change, and an examination of the frames for interpreting and understanding change in organizations.
- Strategy and Society: The link between Competitive Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility
This session will focus on: the emergence of corporate social responsibility (CSR); the four prevailing justifications for CSR; Integrating business and society; and creation of a corporate social agenda.
- Corporate Governance
This session will provide an introduction to corporate governance and corporate social responsibilities from a legal and business perspective.
- The Fun Workplace TM – Managing Team Dynamics & Building Successful Teams
This session will examine the dynamics of organizational teams and the best practices for building successful teams. It will provide practical knowledge on how to improve employee productivity.
- Legal Contracting
This session will involve a practical approach to reviewing and negotiating agreements. It will provide guidance on the salient clauses to look out for in typical agreements.
This session will involve (a) The practice of Leadership – the focus will be on leading from the middle, focusing on people, being positive and being professional. (b) Mastering Leadership – the focus here will be on leading from the top.
CLB offers bespoke training and capacity building programmes in areas such as law, corporate governance, corporate administration, banking, finance, project finance, accounting, information technology, management, sales and marketing, customer services and customer care, human resource management, business communication and presentation skills and otherwise as may be identified as necessary or required in the form of seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.
In the area of Law a wide variety of subjects are covered including:
- Banking and Finance
- Construction Law
- Energy Law
- Entertainment / Media Law
- Environmental Law
- Economic and Financial Crime
- International Investment Law
- International Trade Law
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Oil and Gas Law
- Project Finance
- Sports Law
In collaboration with our UK Partners Encours International:www.encours-international.com/ CLB offers an even wider scope of capacity development in the UK and other countries.
Specifically for the legal profession CLB supports the objective of the Nigerian Bar Association with respect to Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and will partner continually with the NBA on delivery of invaluable CLE Programmes.
Information on these programmes will consistently be available on the CLB website.
Discover BPP University (UK) Law & Business Summer Schools June – July 2016.
Centre for Law and Business is pleased to offer The BPP University UK Law and Summer Schools holding in London in the Summer of 2016.
BPP University is an independent UK university dedicated to business and the professions, working with clients and partners from all over the world including CLB to deliver enriching and exciting career-focused programmes. BPP University has links to global businesses such as KPMG PWC and Lloyds Banking Group, and exclusively educate trainees in over 50 leading UK and global law firms. The close links to law and business, together with the professionally experienced faculty, give BPP University an insight into what employers require from graduates.
The Law and Business Summer School is a four week enriching program, designed to enhance career starters as well as professionals by broadening their horizon of knowledge within their various career pursuits and creating an international networking opportunity.
Topics at the Law Summer School will include:
- International Business
- Arbitration, Commercial Awareness, Legal Awareness, Advocacy
- Comparative Criminal Constitution and Statutory Law
Topics at the Business Summer School will include:
- Globalisation and International Business
- International Banking
- International leadership and development
- International marketing and global brands
Key Benefits of the summer school include:
- High quality and practical learning experience offered by BPP University, the university for the professions
- Networking opportunity with like-minded participants from around the world
- Career guidance in specialist workshops and guest speakers
- Enhancement and improvement of career skills which are highly valued by employers including communication and team-working skills.
- Business simulation exercise alongside participants on other Summer School programmes
- Highly beneficial refresher and knowledge updating
- Enhancement of CV and employability
- An enriching lively and varied social experience in the heart of London, one of the world’s most vibrant and cosmopolitan cities
The Summer schools holding in London begin with an induction session on the 27th of June 2016 and followed by sessions which will start on the 28th of June 2016 and end on the 22nd of July, 2016.
For more information, telephone: 0706 311 1245, 0813 223 8798, 0803 402 2976, 0816 644 5122 email:email@example.com or visit us at the Centre.